So you’re applying to study abroad! You are about to embark on a life-changing experience!
- Completed a Study Abroad 101 orientation
- Select a program
- Meet with your academic advisor
- Get your courses approved (see Instructions below)!
- Minor coursework must be approved by your minor department. You should contact them for instructions.
- If you are going on an NC State, faculty led program where you’re enrolling in NC State courses, you do not need to do a separate course approval as outlined below. Just talk to your advisor about how the courses will fit into your degree.
The course approval process takes time.
Complete the steps below and share your Google Doc with firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 2 weeks before the Study Abroad deadline.
- Use your degree audit to be sure you know which degree requirements are unmet. Meet with your academic advisor if you have questions.
- View the website for the abroad program and select coursework that will fulfill unmet requirements.
- Open the Course Approval Google Sheet, and go to File > Make a Copy.
- Save your copy, and include your full name in the filename.
- Use the “share” button at the top right to share the form with our study abroad advising liaison Brittany Kauffman (email@example.com) at least 2 weeks before the Study Abroad Deadline.
What Happens Next?
- Advisors will be in contact with you until we get a full set of approved courses.