Undergraduates can earn course credit for approved job/internship/professional experiences (BSC492), research (BSC493), and teaching (BSC494). Genetics students: Please talk with your advisor about getting research experience – the requirements are different for GN undergraduates. Some curricula require you to get Experiential Learning Credit; for others it can be an elective. Review your degree audit and discuss with your advisor.
- BSC492 (Professional experiences): Contract and Syllabus
- BSC493 (Research experiences): Contract and Syllabus
- BSC494 (Teaching experiences): Contract and Syllabus
- You must get the experience approved using the departmental forms BEFORE you can start counting hours toward your credits. Your should complete and submit a form as soon as you find a position, whenever that occurs. Discuss with your advisor.
- You must work 135 hours after approval in order to receive 3 credits (1 credit per 45 hours).
- You must successfully complete reflective questions on Moodle during the summer to receive credit.
- A satisfactory evaluation from your supervisor is also required to receive credit.