PB (Plant Biology) 215 – Medicinal Plants is a 3 credit course being offered this fall from 1:55-2:45 MWF and there are still seats available. This course discusses plants and their derived pharmaceuticals in Western medicine and in herbal medicine. Flyer is attached.
Taught by Dr. Deyu Xie, the course content includes:
- campus walk of medicinal plants
- student presentation
- research and writing on medicinal plants
- homework, and exams
Lecture study: four modules
- Module I: history, ethnobotany, and principles of plant identification.
- Module II: Medicinal Natural Products of Plants and Medicinal Plants (presented by students).
- Module III: Interaction of Medicinal Plants and Nervous System.
- Module IV: Anticardiovascular disease, Anti-cancer, Anti-malarial, and anti-other disease medicinal plants.