Undergraduates can earn course credit for approved job/internship/professional experiences (BSC492), research (BSC493), and teaching (BSC494). Genetics students: Please talk with your advisor about getting research experience – the requirements are different for GN undergraduates. Some curricula require you to get Experiential Learning Credit; for others it can be an elective. Review your degree audit and discuss with your advisor.
Summer I Census Date (May 17) is the (soft) deadline* to turn in your contract for Summer 2019 to get credit!
- BSC492 (Professional experiences): Contract and Syllabus
- BSC493 (Research experiences): Contract and Syllabus
- BSC494 (Teaching experiences): Contract and Syllabus
*If you don’t yet have your position/experience finalized, just let your advisor know that you have something in the works. And, if you find something later in the summer, email bioadvising as soon as you find an opportunity to discuss getting credit!
- You must get the experience approved using the departmental forms BEFORE you can start counting hours toward your credits. Your should complete and submit a form as soon as you find a position, whenever that occurs. Discuss with your advisor.
- You must work 135 hours after approval in order to receive 3 credits (1 credit per 45 hours).
- You must successfully complete reflective questions on Moodle during the summer to receive credit.
- A satisfactory evaluation from your supervisor is also required to receive credit.